The anchor is always at hand and can be used to reach higher areas, or can be used to lach on the akrid or stun foes. On most multi-player matches it is an invaulable tool. It can also be used to grab T-ENG or [?] boxes. If you fall off a ledge it will (sometimes) grapple on automatically and allows you to rappel.
Tips & Trivia
- Although very small, it can hold a large amount of weight (you and your power armor, namely), and never breaks.
- It also pierces walls.
- It is basically a grappling hook.
- You can use the anchor to latch on to some Akrid weak points and fire a full magazine, or until the target is dead (rapid fire only)
- It can also be used as a medium range melee attack. However, it only deals light damage to enemies and provides light knockback.
- You can earn GJ Awawrds for attacking with the anchor.
Mastering the Anchor
Please Note: 'Square' and 'L3' is for the PS3 while 'X' and 'LS click' is for the XBOX.
- Climb: Press Square / X
- Leap: Press Square / X, then press Square / X again while reeling
- Cling: Press and hold Square / X
- Anchor and Gun: Press and hold Square / X, and fire
- Anchor Grenade: Press and hold Square / X, then throw grenade
- Rapel: Press and hold Square / X, then tap L3 / LS click
- Auto-Rapel: Run off a surface toward the ground
- Turret Rapel: Rapel in any way and fire / throw a grenade
It's very effective to kill Dongo Akrid with the Anchor and Gun technique. With gum grenades, even the Chryatis Akrid is easier to take down with Anchor and Grenade.