Utility Rigs were massive mechanical walkers used by the first ever human colonists. These served as construction machines to repair and construct colonist hardware but also to demolish any environmental hazards. Utility Rigs were gigantic in size, dwarfing all successive Vital Suit designs and most larger Akrids were still smaller than them.
Utility Rigs (Rigs) are the predecessors to the Vital Suit (VS) designs which were a staple in combating the Akrid threat.
Their large size, extreme mechanical strength and durability allowed Rig users to tackle almost any physical problem head on from environmental to large Akrids.
Rig modifications and upgradesEdit
Due to the hazardous nature of E.D.N. III, the Rig can be modified and upgraded to adapt to ever more challenging environment and tougher Akrids.
- T-ENG Absorber - Allows the Rig to collect nearby T-ENG simply by walking over it. Cost: 5 Specialized Componet's
- Hardened Hull +25% - A reinforced hull that improves the Rig's armor by 25%. Cost: 2 Specialized Componet's
- Hardened Hull +50% - A reinforced hull that improves the Rig's armor by 50%. Cost: 3 Specialized Componet's
- Hardened Hull +75% - A reinforced hull that improves the Rig's armor by 75%. Cost: 4 Specialized Componet's
- Hardened Hull +100% - A reinforced hull that improves the Rig's armor by 100%. Cost: 5 Specialized Componet's
- Winch - Winch & cable upgrade to the Claw Arm, Shoot out using L2/LB to damage or grab Akrid. Zip-line compatible to reach previously inaccessible areas.
- Extended Winch - Shoots Winch out 50% further than before, allowing jim to access previously inaccessible areas. Cost: 4 Specialized Componet's
- Foream Bash - Extra shielding on the Rig's forearm allows for a quick bash attack. Cost: 2 Specialized Componet's
- Double Arm Smash - A damaging 3-hit attack combo. Cost: 3 Specialized Componet's
When Pre-ordering Lost Planet 3 at certain online and local retail chains you can get yourself 2 unique upgrades for your Rig.
- Pressurized Claw - Using a bank of hydraulic actuators it increases your utility rig's claw strength and crushing power by 25%.
- Tungsten Carbide Drill - It has an ultimate tensile strength nearly twice that of a standard issue utility rig drill. It delivers 25% more damage to Akrid enemies.